Deductions & credits

@kk55 wrote:

When I go into Turbo Tax I do not see an option to "import or jump to". I have already entered the donations on ItsDeductable.  I have signed out of Turbo Tax and back in, but I still do not see the option to import.  Please advise.

I assume you are using Online TurboTax, and that you are using Deluxe edition or higher.   Here are 4 methods to get to the TurboTax screen where you should see the option to import.   And when importing, you have to have the same User ID and password on both TurboTax and ItsDeductible.    

All of these methods work for me, but for some users, one or more of these methods may not work.  See if one of them works for you.   When using the "jump" methods, be sure you follow the instructions exactly as I wrote them below to get the jump feature to work properly.  It can be quirky if not used as instructed.   I've also listed 2 methods that do not use "jump."  

Method 1: 

• When the return is open, in the top right of the screen click on SEARCH.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity in 2019? 
  • The next screen will ask if you have an ItsDeductible account.  Answer Yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter donations (without quotes), and then click the little magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything suggested in the dropdown menu or it might not work).  Then click "Jump to donations."

Method 3: 

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on Tax Tools, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2019?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"
  • Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Method 4  (these steps are for Online TurboTax):

• Using regular navigation go to Federal Taxes tab in the left column, then at the top go to Deductions & Credits section. 
  • On a screen that says "Your Tax Breaks" scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics. 
  • Scroll down to the topic "Charitable Donations" and click Show More to expand and see the subtopics..
  • Choose "Import from ItsDeductible Online."