turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mth7987

Cannot connect itsdeductible to turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using Mac or Windows?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mth7987

Mac
jwong1007

I'm on MAC also and this seems to still be broken in April 2018.  I'm calling support to see what the fix is.
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Ok, here's the latest update on Its Deductible for Mac, See this FAQ and if the resolution works for you:

TurboTax Mac 2017: Blank screen when attempting to import from Its Deductible:https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6446422

*be sure to click the "see full answer" tab. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
5horners

I just got off the phone with customer support for TurboTax and was told that It's Deductible is no longer compatible with TurboTax and you cannot import contributions.  The woman said it is more of a problem with Mac users than PC users, and the problem started occurring last year.  She had no idea when there would be a fix.  

DocTin

Using Windows.  Same problem?

@ DocTin wrote:

Using Windows.  Same problem?

DocTin:
Windows does not have that same problem that some Mac desktop users experience when importing from ItsDeductible.  So we have to first understand what you are experiencing.

What TurboTax product are you using--desktop software (CD/download) installed on your computer or Online TurboTax (web version)?    And also which edition--Deluxe, Premier, etc.?

Please describe the problem you are having when you try to import from ItsDeductible.   Are there any error messages?

DocTin

In my opening statement I said I was using WINDOWS. No I was not using a disc but trying as stated to access the website for "It's Deductible". I finally did a work around via BING. I thought It would be accesibale thru Intuit or Turbo Tax, but obviously is not a working link. Dennis

@ DocTin wrote:
In my opening statement I said I was using WINDOWS. No I was not using a disc but trying as stated to access the website for "It's Deductible". I finally did a work around via BING. I thought It would be accesibale thru Intuit or Turbo Tax, but obviously is not a working link. Dennis

This is a thread mostly about Mac desktop users (CD/download) having a known Mac issue (at the time) when trying to import from ItsDeductible into TurboTax.   Since in your first comment you said you were using Windows, that's why I asked questions about what you were doing and experiencing.

In this thread you didn't mention anything about simply trying to find the ItsDeductible website URL, but you did in another thread of your own at the link below, which I answered yesterday not long after you started your own thread.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/can-i-use-its-deductible-for-201...

I provided you the ItsDeductible website URL in that other thread yesterday afternoon.  Here it is again:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

On that page click on the box "Start ItsDeductible" to be taken to the ItsDeductible log-in screen.    If you log in with the correct User ID from previous years, you'll see your prior-year donations (if applicable).   Choose the 2019 tab for your current-year donations.

Izzy1
Returning Member

mac

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Mac connection support can be found here.

For TurboTax internet connectivity, click here.

Keep in mind that the Its Deductible login information should match TurboTax for username and password. To update your TurboTax account information, get all the details by clicking on this link.

I'm using a Mac and I am still unable to have my desktop Turbotax access my online ItsDeductible Online account.

@ whoppmeyer wrote:

I'm using a Mac and I am still unable to have my desktop Turbotax access my online ItsDeductible Online account.

This is an old thread from two years ago that transferred into this new community forum in June of 2019.  Unfortunately, all those old threads that transferred in were given the transfer date instead of their original date.

In any case, you didn't say exactly what the problem is when you try to import from ItsDeductible into your Mac.  So we don't know what you are seeing and whether there are any error messages.

I don't use a Mac, but can ask someone to help you.   In the past some Mac users had trouble with their "keychain access" preventing them from logging into ItsDeductible through the TurboTax program.  I don't know enough about keychains and resetting that to explain it.  See the FAQ below.

Is it this?

FAQ:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/turbotax-mac-connection-problem-when-...

If you continue to have problems, please describe it in full.   I can ask someone to assist you or tell you how to phone TurboTax Support.

jim greco

Did not work for this Mac User.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies