Solved: My son did a book drive for charity - He received about 500 books. He also donated about 125 of his own books. The donation receipt shows 625 books - What can I claim?

My son did a book drive for charity - He received about 500 books. He also donated about 125 of his own books. The donation receipt shows 625 books - What can I claim?

Claim the donation for only the 125 books that were donated from your own collection. 

The reason being that the other donors were not gifting your son with the books (so that he owned them and could donate them), but they were giving the books to the charity although indirectly.  Your son was simply providing the conduit for their donation.