t-burton13

If box 9 is blank on my W-2, does that mean I used the standard deduction or did I itemize?

Your W2 does not show which deduction you used.  You mean  your 2019 1040 line 9?   There should be an amount on line 9.  Unless you filed Married Filing Separate and your spouse itemized.  

Your W-2 has absolutely no relevance on whether or not you had the Standard Deduction or the Itemized Deduction on your tax return.

Here

1040 2019 SD.jpg

Hal_Al

Box 9 of the W-2 is always blank.  Box 9 currently has no purpose.  It was used in the past for something unrelated to most people's tax returns. 

Hal_Al

For 2020, the standard or itemized deduction is on line 12 of form 1040.