Solved: I've had my mortgage refinanced in April 2020. So ...

I've had my mortgage refinanced in April 2020. So now, I have two 1098 forms. TurboTax is only taking interest from one form into account. How do I report a bug in TT?

Looks like a bug

Don't be in a rush to file this year ... there are still a lot of bugs and the IRS will not start processing any returns until 2/12 so there is time to wait for a fix.  The Sch A is not supposed to be operational until 1/21 at the earliest.    https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

Please see this article and reply back if you have additional issues.

Hi Amy, thank you for the response. Unfortunately, this does not answer my question.

I am adding two 1098s, for amounts X and Y.

For some reason, TurboTax only counts X and not X+Y towards my deductions.

This appears to be a bug in the TurboTax software.

How do I report a bug?

Yes there is a Bug in that area and it is currently under investigation.  This is what I found.

Description

Some customers are experiencing an exception error in the mortgage deduction section of TTO.

Investigation Notes

Bug was discovered by developer. At this current point in time no customer investigation case has been submitted. Will hold off on containment until further details of the bug are given or investigation is submitted.

This is an Active case and has not been resolved yet.  There is no date when this will be corrected.  I give it a few days and try again.

We spent 2 hours on the phone with turbotax 3 weeks ago on this and they said there was a ticket entered and we'd get an update when it was resolved. I tried entering them again, still no resolution. I called again today and was on hold for 45 minutes while they reviewed the concern, and then transferred me to a line asking if I wanted to upgrade to their CPA service. At this point I'm ready to switch to a different product, after using TurboTax for more than a decade. Does anyone have an update on this? 

Nonsense !! Try entering the forms in this manner and tell me if this will resolve your issue. 

1. Enter the 1098 for the original loan.  Make sure all information is entered correctly including the interest.
  2. Enter the second 1098 regarding the refinance. Make sure for the refinance, that you put 0 in box 2.  If you don't, your outstanding mortgage payments will be combined and may disallow the interest deduction because of the mortgage limitation rules. 

Turbotax have updated the help link on the mortgage interest deduction page.

You are supposed to sum up the interest from both forms, and enter two forms as one.

"You should combine all of the 1098s directly related to the refinance and enter it as one 1098.  An example of this is if you refinanced two loans into one loan. Any 1098s not directly related to the refinance should get entered separately."

TurboTax Help with 1098