fchand1006

I ckd "NO" on pg abt Foreign Accts . it won't let me un-check it. I DO NOT have a Foreign Acct. Now It won't let me file free because now they think I have a For. Acct.

How do I UNCHECK a box after I accidentally checked it abt Foreign Acct? I DO NOT have a Foreign Acct. It won't let me file now because it thinks I have a Foreign Acct. What can I do?

SandraM

There are no edit or delete buttons in these sections so I suggest starting to delete from the end of the Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion section and backing out by following these instructions:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.
  2. In the upper right corner, type "foreign earned income" in the Search/Find box and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Continue through the screens trying to answer questions like you had originally until you arrive at the "end" of the section.
  4. Select <Back and delete amounts or uncheck boxes, etc. on each screen until you arrive at the "beginning" of the section.

Then, delete Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income and/or related forms and worksheets if they are still included in your federal tax return by using the following TurboTax FAQs depending on which TurboTax version you are using:

SandraM