Solved: I can not enter prescription costs - the box has a frozen zero dollars

I can not enter prescription costs - the box has a frozen zero dollars

When entering medical expenses, the section for prescription costs is frozen at zero dollars.   It does note that last year I enter an amount, but I am unable to do so.  I can not put in 2018 costs.

There has been a glitch with TurboTax with some of the Schedule A entries. You can switch to forms mode and enter the expenses on the Medical Worksheet until they get it fixed. Do you have the latest update?

Here's the explanation of what's going on in any problem area with a "$0" in it  (Desktop software only):

This has been a comment for a month and is still not fixed. In addition to a problem for "prescriptions", Doctor/Dentists in "Medical Professionals" screen requires you to go to the forms to enter information.  Further on in that section, the screen in step-by-step gets stuck with Medical travel, not allowing progression to the next screen unless you add a mileage amount, even if I want zero.

I have the latest update and it is STILL frozen on allow entry of Prescriptions into the Interview input box.  TURBOTAX: Please FIX THIS.

@mvk_atl

You can still make your entries, as I have noted above
........or switch to FORMS MODE and make your entries there.

I do not believe there is any possibility that this will be fixed in the next few months....

Yes, switch to the Forms mode that allows you to enter information.  Also in my personal situation, I brought information in from last year.  In numerical fields where if you right click, you can add supporting details, the numbers are wiped out when you transfer from last year, but the description of what that number was is not.  In the miles driven to medical appointments field, I was not able to proceed-- TurboTax said I needed to put in a number. When I eliminated all the descriptions in the supporting details from a past year that had not been cleared, it then would accept a zero answer.  It let me proceed when I did this.  Perhaps this will help with your issues.  I did have to do this via the forms, not the step-by-step, as that is the only way I could get to the data.  Good luck.

When you get the "Supporting Details" box to show up in Forms Mode....you hit the big red "X Remove" icon at the top of it's box and delete it all together.

Then you can make entries directly on the form, or back in the normal interview field without all the fooling around.