Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sumebody

I answered no this was not a Qualified Disaster Distribution. Turbo Tax software now wants to know what disaster?

Is there a software bug?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I answered no this was not a Qualified Disaster Distribution. Turbo Tax software now wants to know what disaster?

why is the program now asking for this 8915 form?. I don't have one

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

The form 8915 is for tracking distributions to people who were affected by qualified disasters in prior years. If these don't apply to you I suggest signing out of TurboTax and clearing your browser history/cache.  Sign back in and follow these steps to delete the forms. 

1.  Click "Tax Tools" in the left hand menu

2.  Click "Tools" in the left hand menu

3.  Click "Delete a form" in the center screen

4.  Find the forms 8915 and "Delete"

Then go to the 1099-R entry area and be sure to select "NO" for each of the "Qualified Disaster" questions and leave the amount boxes blank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have gone and deleted the form logged out and back in, and cleared history but i am still stuck in a loop. When we go to efile it needs to be reviewed and the box is always re checked. Why is this happening? We have been trying different methods for hours.

The faq link is broken. 

@KatelynLecy wrote:

The faq link is broken. 

Because you posted to  2019 discussion that no longer applies - it is now 2022.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies