gottliebj

How do i change the owner of a 1099-r. Turbotax is assigning ownership to the first name on the return

I have entered a 1099-R, and it is incorrectly assigning the ownership of the 1099 to me instead of to my spouse.  How can I change the ownership?

Delete the 1099-R and then select who the form belong to when selecting the type of 1099-R on the form selection screen.  See screenshot

Enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-R

littlerosetree20

Turbotax entered all KIEM DO' 1099 R forms wrong, please show me how to fix them.

Thanks,

Vinh Do

Delete the 1099R and enter it again and pick the right person.

Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)

Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

There are 4 boxes.  Be sure to pick the right box for the kind of 1099R you got.

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.