r3e2gopez1

Can you help me about interest income? I have interest income of 26.01 from Guild Mortgage but it states 00.00 in the interest income section.

How do I report interest income? I tried putting our financial institution but they can't find it.

KittyM

If your bank does not appear on the list, you can manually enter your interest income.  To enter your 1099-INT, 

• In your open Federal Return, choose the tab for Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to the topic Interest on 1099-INT and choose Start/Edit
  • Choose Edit if you already started or + Add more income to enter your 1099-INT
  • On the page to import your bank info, scroll down and choose the gray button in the lower right, I'll type it in myself
  • On the page Let's get your 1099-INT or brokerage statement details manually enter your bank name and the interest amount in Box 1.

KittyM