turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you help me about interest income? I have interest income of 26.01 from Guild Mortgage but it states 00.00 in the interest income section.

How do I report interest income? I tried putting our financial institution but they can't find it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you help me about interest income? I have interest income of 26.01 from Guild Mortgage but it states 00.00 in the interest income section.

If your bank does not appear on the list, you can manually enter your interest income.  To enter your 1099-INT, 

• In your open Federal Return, choose the tab for Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to the topic Interest on 1099-INT and choose Start/Edit
  • Choose Edit if you already started or + Add more income to enter your 1099-INT
  • On the page to import your bank info, scroll down and choose the gray button in the lower right, I'll type it in myself
  • On the page Let's get your 1099-INT or brokerage statement details manually enter your bank name and the interest amount in Box 1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your bank does not appear on the list, you can manually enter your interest income.  To enter your 1099-INT, 

• In your open Federal Return, choose the tab for Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to the topic Interest on 1099-INT and choose Start/Edit
  • Choose Edit if you already started or + Add more income to enter your 1099-INT
  • On the page to import your bank info, scroll down and choose the gray button in the lower right, I'll type it in myself
  • On the page Let's get your 1099-INT or brokerage statement details manually enter your bank name and the interest amount in Box 1.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies