vm8491

Can someone explain why or how do I take care of an error-code FW2-502? I need to change one of the W-2 and the system will not let me. Can someone help?

CarolynM

There is a problem with the EIN or employer name on your W-2. Review your form and the entries in your tax return. If your entries match your W-2, contact your employer for clarification.

For more information, follow this link: 

Correcting FW2- 502  

CarolynM

For more information, follow this link: 

Correcting FW2- 502  

cisnsala

normanbrennecke

I am told my W-2 data filed does not match the IRA's.

I am not employed and therefore do not have a W-2

@normanbrennecke 

Look at your return ... do you have anything on the form 1040 line 1 ?   Do you have a W-2 entered in the program by accident ?   Did you possible enter a 1099-R form info in the wrong  place like on the W-2 form ? 

Piguidog

The last number is wrong but is not letting me do it why.

DaveF1006

You should be able to edit the EIN in your W2. Go to that W2 and completely delete the nine-digit number and then enter again.