turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arose

I neglected to file my Indiana State taxes from 2013 to 2015, what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Did you use TurboTax to file the federal tax returns for 2013 to 2015?
arose

Yes I did

Yes

@windstarkat7 You have just posted one word to a two year old thread.  That is not an effective way to get help.  If you have a question of your own, start your own thread and ask your question in more than just a word or two.  We cannot guess what your question is.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Well you have two ways you can get the state returns completed.  The expensive way and the inexpensive way.  But whichever way you choose the state tax returns can only be printed and mailed, they cannot be e-filed.

The inexpensive way is to go to the Indiana Department of Revenue website for the prior tax year years, fill in the forms online, print, sign, date and mail each tax year in a separate envelope to include all W-2's and Form 1099's that have state taxes withheld for that tax year - http://www.in.gov/dor/3488.htm

The expensive way is to use TurboTax to complete each tax year for the state returns.  You will need to download the TurboTax desktop editions for each tax year to your personal computer.  Install the software and open the tax data file for that tax year.  Download the tax data file (.tax) for each tax year from the online accounts.  

From within the desktop program installed and started, purchase and download the state program for that tax year.  The state software is currently $44.99 not including sales taxes (if any).  This would have to be done for each tax year.

Additionally, if you did not use and pay for one of the online editions of Deluxe, Premier or Home and Business to complete the federal return, then you would also have to purchase the Federal desktop program for each tax year at this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If you did pay for the one of the online editons, then you can contact TurboTax support and they should be able to push a desktop installation file to your download account for each tax year at no charge.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies