turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mariamsac

Can I take the Premium tax credit even if my 2016 household income was less than 100% of the federal poverty line?

In 2015, I enrolled in a federal marketplace health plan, didn't ask for the advanced premium tax credit, but took the PTC when I filed my tax return. In 2016, I also paid in full my premium fees up till June, but due to financial problems, I started receiving APTC from July until November, when I was able to qualify for Medicaid. 

My question: Can I take the Premium Tax Credit for the months of January thru June when I file my 2016 tax return, even if my household income was below 100% of the federal poverty line?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I take the Premium tax credit even if my 2016 household income was less than 100% of the federal poverty line?

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).

If you received Advance credit at some point during the year, going below 100% of the FPL will not disqualify you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).

If you received Advance credit at some point during the year, going below 100% of the FPL will not disqualify you.

Manage cookies