turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mariamsac

Can I take the Premium tax credit even if my 2016 household income was less than 100% of the federal poverty line?

In 2015, I enrolled in a federal marketplace health plan, didn't ask for the advanced premium tax credit, but took the PTC when I filed my tax return. In 2016, I also paid in full my premium fees up till June, but due to financial problems, I started receiving APTC from July until November, when I was able to qualify for Medicaid. 

My question: Can I take the Premium Tax Credit for the months of January thru June when I file my 2016 tax return, even if my household income was below 100% of the federal poverty line?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I take the Premium tax credit even if my 2016 household income was less than 100% of the federal poverty line?

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).

If you received Advance credit at some point during the year, going below 100% of the FPL will not disqualify you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes (assuming you otherwise qualify).

If you received Advance credit at some point during the year, going below 100% of the FPL will not disqualify you.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies