Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sfrankt

Where do I send my tax return from ohio?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will mail your Ohio return to Ohio's Department of Taxation, only the federal return and supporting federal forms should be mailed to the IRS.

You can find more information about where to send the Ohio state return by visiting their website here. I have also posted information below from their FAQ that might be helpful:

• If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows a refund or an over payment to be credited to the next year, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2679, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2679.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 Ohio individual income tax return and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 2057, Columbus, Ohio 43270-2057.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows a refund, please mail your return to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182294, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2294.
  • If you are filing the IT 1040 EZ Ohio individual income tax return from tax year 2014 or prior and your return shows tax due, please mail your return and payment to the Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 182850, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2850.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where do I send my Ohio tax return to and what's the address for a return tax rate

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

The mailing address for your Ohio tax return depends on whether you are getting a refund or owe taxes.

IT 1040 without payment:

Ohio Department of Taxation
PO Box 2679
Columbus, Ohio 43270-2679

IT 1040 with payment:

Ohio Department of Taxation
PO Box 2057
Columbus, Ohio 43270-2057

For a full list of addresses for other types of tax filings see Mailing Addresses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jhjm

I noticed that the PO Box TurboTax printed out on my payment voucher is the one you have listed here that goes to returns from 2014 or prior.  I am sending out an OH IT 40 P voucher for an Ohio IT 1040 form.  The address you automatically printed out for me is PO BOX 182131 but the tax form where you sign says if you owe payment send to PO Box 2057.  I am going to have to reprint my stickers and waste a brown envelope to redo this.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies