jacobja32

What do I do if my company doesn't want to give me my tax information??

AmyC

You may want to call the employer and let them know that you have the information to report them. If they do not let you pick it up, you are headed straight to the IRS Taxpayer Assistance office and report them. They will then have to deal with the IRS investigating them and their procedures.

Call the IRS toll free at 800-829-1040 or make an appointment to visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC). The IRS will send your employer a letter requesting that they furnish you a Form W-2 within ten days. Please click on this IRS link for full instructions and information.

You can file a substitute W2 where you must explain the steps you took to get the original.

Related Information:

fanfare

if the company is not paying the IRS your SE tax and withholding, they're not going to be swayed by your threats of reporting them.

if you don't get a W_2 by February 15. you're supposed to contact the IRS for instructions.

That would probably not be possible now.

instead Use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, if you don't get your W-2 in time to file.