Solved: Turbotax Deluxe 2019 is not downloading states.

Turbotax Deluxe 2019 is not downloading states.

When selecting start for either state I have (I have 1 free and one I already purchased) it checks for updates, say it's updated, but then produces the same message:

"Let's Download and Install Your States

Here's how it works...

1. We'll make sure you save your return.

2. We'll start downloading your states, along with any updates. You need to be connected to the Internet.

3. Depending on what you're downloading, we may need to close the program for a second - but we'll automatically restart.

4. We take you right back to where you left off and you're ready to go!"

The only option is to select ok, in which the update is run, then states it's up to date.

I have already tried uninstalling the program, running registry cleaner via Ccleaner, reboot, reinstall. 

I have also tried starting from scratch in entering all information in again, but the same issue occurs. 

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

You might have to uninstall, and get a whole new installation file pushed to you.

But, that problem has been cropping up all over with no definite solution yet.  You'll have to work with Customer Support...eventually, if they can't fix it ….maybe they'll push a new installation file to you...make sure they cover your extra state too  (they can put a separate state installation file in a download account for you)   BUT providing those files is their call, not anyone here.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I reached out to support and they were able to help with resolving the issue. States had to be manually downloaded. Thank you for your time and assistance. 

I'm having the same trouble, but when I called support, they didn't provide any help.  She said things are different from prior versions and was sorry she couldn't help.  If anyone has suggestions on how to get it to download, I'd appreciate it.  

Support was able to help me. They had to do something on back end and sent a link to download a state as if it were purchased. This fixed the issue. Keep trying support or escalate if needed to get this fixed.

I have the same problem. The software makes me crazy.