turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bh10

WI Schedule I

My copy of turbo tax deluxe purchased in late January was updated on 2/6 to allow for submission of WI Schedule I. However, my wife purchased and downloaded her version of turbo tax deluxe on 2/8 we checked for any updates and the software says it is up to date. However, she is still getting the message that schedule I hasn't been finalized. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

WI Schedule I

It's possible that the electronic filing form was ready...just for E-filing, but the paper form as a PDF isn't fully updated yet.

That happened last year for IL residents who could e-file one of their forms, but weren't allowed to print the fully-ready PDF/Paper form (without the Do Not File note on it) until a couple weeks later.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
bh10

WI Schedule I

We are both filing electronic returns.  When I review installed updates on my version there is a Wisconsin update on 2/6, but that update does not exist on her version. I assumed that was because it was part of the software when she downloaded it. Can you confirm that the form is available for electronic transmission and how I can get the WI update installed on her version of Turbo tax?

WI Schedule I

As another user who answers various Q's in this Forum, I can only confirm that I've seen a number of other WI residents who have indicated they can now E-file their tax returns with the Schedule I "supposedly" attached to their e-file.

Beyond tah I can confirm nothing.

Here's TTX  Customer Support if you want to talk to someone at TTX.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

WI Schedule I

@bh10 

As to the possibility that her WI software is not updating...there have been some posts from others that their State was no updating properly.   They found out that their virus/firewall software was blocking it (Bitdefender was one).  Even if on two computers, one allowed it , the other didn't...probably due to some more aggressive setting in the Virus software.

What you might try is turning off the Virus scanner just before doing a software update, and see if that works  (being sure to turn it back on right afterward)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies