Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdstietz

What are the changes in the Iowa laws that is forcing me to wait to file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Depends on what is in your IA tax file.

One form won't be ready until 23 Feb  (Sched IA 126)

.....another one not until 1 March. (Form IA 148)

After which you would need to go thru your IA interview again to make sure all questions are answered.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Please clarify your question.

Please contact us again with any questions, and provide some additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We're waiting on form IA148.  It is now 15 March 2024 and the usable form has STILL not been ported to TurboTax.  Mid-March is pretty late in the year for tax forms to not be finalized.  We're going to file Federal then file state whenever they get their act together. 

Turbotax seems to be (unreliably)  moving the goal post on when IA 148 will be updated? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It shows 3.28.24. The updates usually go out late, so I would try on 3.29.24.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bikehawk

I have not been able to file my Iowa return online, allegedly because IA Form 148 is not approved. I contacted the Iowa Department of Revenue and they say there is no problem with that form. 

Turbotax continues to extend the date this form should be approved for online filing. 

This is the form on which one takes the Iowa credit for contributions to community foundations. 

Bikehawk

It is now March 26th and the Iowa Department of Revenue says there is no reason from their end that TurboTax should not have the useable form 148. It seems impossible to get to a live person at Turbo Tax to complain. 

It is now April 8 and the Iowa Department of Revenue says there is no reason from their end that TurboTax should not have the useable form 148. Turbotax live help is of no help.  Can we get a straight answer on this.  Due date is coming up. 

We here have no idea what the issue is for that form.

They (TTX) claim it is ready for printed tax returns now, but not until after 25 April for e-filing IA  (I guess it could be sooner if they get their top people working on it).

The IA deadline to file is 30 April, and not 15/16 April, so one could e-file Fed now, and IA later, a few days before the end of April.....assuming they haven't messed it up again.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I gave up and mailed mine in today.  I have lost all confidence in TT to actually get this completed before the end of the month.  Bonus to mailing is I no longer have to worry about this issue and at this point I get pleasure out of the fact that TT will not be getting the filing fee out of me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies