turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Pennsylvania Schedule D TP

This should ve been in the work years ago.

Same issue - over 100 trades and now it gives this error. Clearly something is wrong with TT here.

UPDATE 3/3 @ 12:15AM: The problem seems to be resolved online and desktop users of TT now! 

Worst case, you can always also just print your PA returns out (TT has all the forms filled out) and file by mail if you cannot wait (however you should ensure your 100+ transactions are all accurately reflected on those forms prior to mailing.)

Thanks to everyone who has been providing feedback and helping us figure this out, while this was annoying and frustrating, it does seem like TT was working on the fix and just got it deployed later than expected. Best of luck everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2/28 @ 12:45 PM (EDT): Submissions are still not working, same error. The consensus seems to be that TT will now have the needed fix in place between March 1st - March 3rd. Please keep replying to this thread with any new info you get, I will update my answer here to hopefully help others trying to figure this out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got off a long call with TT, turns out that PA is the culprit here.

The PA E-file system doesn't allow e-filing of the Schedule D form until 2/28 or after - this is why e-file fails but you can still print and mail the form in.

Easy solution: wait until 2/28 and attempt filing again then. Hopefully that actually works...

I am having the same issue with Pennsylvania Schedule D.  I called into customer services last week, and the customer service rep was no help.   Because of the error message, I have no confidence in this year's version of Turbo Tax.  Also, there is no way to do any corrections to the PA Schedule D where the errors are being shown when a review is done.  I am in the process of manually checking all of the forms.  Probably I will re-do PA Schedule D manually and mail in the PA tax return because I do not agree with how TurboTax posted amounts on PA Schedule D. 

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to get line-item details on to PA Schedule D as shown on a broker's 1099B, which was imported into Turbo Tax.  The details were correctly loaded into Turbo Tax along with selecting the option to enter each sale separately.  But only summary totals are being shown on both federal Schedule D, Form 8949, and PA state Schedule D.  I think summary totals are okay for federal tax return.  But the details are needed for PA state return.  Customer service rep solution was to mail a copy of 1099B along with PA state tax return, which I will probably end up doing.

Thank you for the info about waiting until 2/28/2022.  I'll try it then.  I was on a long call last week with TT and the rep had no info.

tcwhit13

Same issues as everyone else in the thread. Trying to file PA state taxes and have more than 100 capital gains transactions. However, if you still want to file your federal via e-file, choose the 1st option to mail the taxes in and then the next screen gives you the option to change and select e-file for the federal and choose "wait to file" for your PA taxes. I'm hoping that TurboTax will actually fix this issue since most of everyone on this thread notices this issue AFTER they have already paid. Super frustrating. I know its a problem with the software as I also have successfully filed my Federal and VA taxes (part year resident) successfully with the same exact capital gains taxes listed on all 3 forms. 

I dont know. They said it’s error and it will be updated by march 3rd.I’m bout to to just go someplace else anyway since they charge so much

shr2

same.  agh.  so frustrating.

CoF

Just came across this problem today as well. I have spoken with 4 people, including an "expert." No one can promise this will ever be fixed. Unfortunately, the first representative had me pay the fees to file and then when filing failed, I requested a refund, which was rejected. So now I am sitting here having paid the fees with NO product. I don't have legitimate documents to file a paper return, and the e file obviously isn't working. At this point, they have basically stolen from me.

Hopefully this is our answer! Time will tell and thanks for you time waiting on hold lol. I did see another user was able to pry out the date of First couple of days in March so could be just the difference in falling on a weekend vs weekday of what the others were told. Crossing fingers!

I just got off the phone with TT this morning 2/23 at 8:20.  I was given similar info that TT was informed of this issue on 2/21 and is "actively" working to address the problem.  The service rep gave me the date of 2/28 as an estimated fix, so I'll hold my breath and try again on March 1.  Good luck everyone.

This error is unrelated to PA not accepting Schedule D until 2/28.  This is caused by having over 100 transactions on the schedule D.  Multiple other states  are having the same issue, MA, NJ, NY, MD:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/massachusetts-schedule-b-error-requires-adj...

Same issue will this be fixed soon thanks

It would definitely be nice to get clarity on what the actual issue is and when it will be resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies