turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts Schedule B Error: Requires Adjustment Not Yet Finalized

As far as I can tell, all forms for Massachusetts except 8582 (which does not apply to this issue) have been released for filing as of Feb. 3, but I still receive an error on Schedule B, Line 10 that notes: "This form may require an adjustment that has not been finalized for this release. You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all calculations are correct."

I know this issue has popped up in other states like CA, NY, and MD, for various reasons. Is there any idea why this error appears here for MA, or when it may be fixed and finalized? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

98 Replies

I should update that there is no way to file just the Federal return while indefinitely waiting for an unknown fix on the MA form. 

Wondering if anyone else experiences this -- it's is a huge limitation and seems like it needs fixing. 

RaifH
Expert Alumni

This line number has to do with short-term capital gains. Can you clarify if you are trying to make any adjustments to any stock sales or cryptocurrency transactions? Did you adjust the basis or have any employee stock transactions like ESPPs?

mt411
Returning Member

I am having the same problem.  Try to e-file Fed/State and won't let me e-file State.  Says forms are pending and should be downloaded Feb. 17.  Try to print State and got message "Your MA return is currently unavailable to view, print or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet".  Never had a problem in all the years I've used Turbotax but this year has been very challenging.

I have the same MA Schedule B error too. I didn't try to make any adjustments to my cryptocurrency transactions and cost basic either. It shows the same error daily and I believe that I did everything right.

what I did was download my transactions from CryptoTrader.Tax for CVS file and submitted directly to Turbo Tax. 

What should I do now to fix my error clear?

After days of testing on my own time, it turns out that the Turbotax form for MA cannot handle more than 99 entries on a given transaction report (I'm guessing it's the same for any type of transaction on the Federal Schedule D, like stocks, bonds, cryptocurrency, personal items, etc.). As soon as I add a 100th entry to a list of transactions, this error appears. Anything less than that does not trigger an error during review checking.

It seems like the only working solution is to split any report into multiple, separate uploads of 99 or fewer lines on the Federal return (which would involve manually editing one CSV into two or more). I can't imagine how an issue like this makes its way into a "final" software version, while we're paying to use and fix a broken program.

hsaaaiekv333
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue! This is absurd. I may need to just mail my return because of this. Turbo Tax failed miserably with this bug.

I'm having the same issue. Will this be fixed?

I did not adjust any basis.  I do have employee stock, RSUs.

I am having the same issue.  Never had this happen in all the years that I have used Turbo Tax.  My return this year is basically the same as last year.  I imported all the numbers just like I always have.  Intuit needs to get this fixed or they will start losing customers.  I am considering purchasing a competitor product to compare.

nflaherty

I am also experiencing this error and am unable to proceed with filing.

Turbotax NEEDS TO RESOLVE this clear software deficiency.  This is unacceptable.  

I've had this issue for a couple weeks.  I was told it would be fixed.  But now reading this, I don't believe it will be fixed.  Ugh... disappointing.  Can someone from TurboTax chime in again? 

Jlresen

I’m here for the same reason.  I’m hoping they answer as I’m not savvy enough to manually split mine up. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies