Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Widows repeatedly says IT-112R New York form not available; but I got a message from intuit that it is

EMail from intuit says to run update and it will appear, and I did update several times but Turbotax won't file my New York return because the form has not been accepted.  I  filed my federal and other states but am stuck in a loop with New York, because 
I can't even file it by mail.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbotax Widows repeatedly says IT-112R New York form not available; but I got a message from intuit that it is

You will not be able to file until all forms needed for your return are available Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal use.
State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

Why does DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL appear on my printouts?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please update the UI that gave this reponse.  Not so helpful to refer to a list of forms that is not sorted in any order and is not searchable. (https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ny_online_individual.html)   I found the referenced 112 form in the list eventually and apparently it says it will be available tomorrow. 

"Form IT-112R, Resident Credit 02/09/2023 02/09/2023"

Once again Turbo tax sent me an alert on 1/31, 8 days ago,that the form I need IS AVAILABLE: "The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready.Form IT-112R, Resident Credit"

I believe TurboTax update is not downloading it or has not modified the hold on filing New York in its update.  It is moreover  annoying that TurboTax informed me that the form was moot since it calculated that I would file for the standard deduction and therefore this form claiming taxes paid to other states as an itemized deduction would not effect the return.  Just for fun, on the assumption I can efile my NY return tomorrow, I will try reworking the standard deduction process to skip other state taxes, or perhaps find the form and delete it to see if that lets me file my New York return.  I may not be able to modify the itemized deduction since it goes back to my Federal that is already filed.

Today is February 9th, the day TurboTax forms-availability says that Form IT-112R, Resident Credit, is
available, but TurboTax update is not downloading to windows apps or has not modified the hold on filing
New York in its update. Again, this form claiming a deduction of income taxes paid to other states is moot.
I am taking the both federal and New York standard deduction and therefore
an itemized deduction does not effect the return.
Couldn't I just delete the form.

@grandpaknei 

Today is Feb 8th not 9th  (Unless perhaps you are somewhere overseas...but the 9th in California)

ANd...sometimes it takes a day longer than the posted date for the needed form to show up...after all, late Thursday evening is still the 9th...so check back on the 10th

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

TurboTax still refuses to efile NY tax return because (although the standard deduction is claimed)  an extraneous form in the itemized deductions is still marked as unapproved 10 days after Intuit emailed that the form was approved and a day after it was shown as available in their forms data.  I bet if I switched from the legacy Windows app to online that the online version has been implemented.  Would that effect my ability to preserve my multi-year history of  *.2022tax  files?

My taxes still says that IT-112-R is not available however on the list of forms that are available, it says that it is. I've done several updates and it keeps saying that all forms are up to date. I'm using an Imac to file.

Update came through to Windows app 2/10/2023 and New York Efiled successfully.  Thanks to everyone who commented.  The IT-112R New York form not available problem can be closed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies