Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dohar67

TurboTax is not letting me complete the purchase of a State e-file

That is right click on TT icon while holding down the shift key, sorry.  Best of luck.

This method worked for me until I had to enter the expiration date of my card. The drop down field did not work at any resolution.  This has been the worst, most frustrating process!

Try this.... If you use Google Pay, log out of Google in your browser, so that Google Pay does not try to auto fill the form payment fields.  Restarted TurboTax and processed payment as guest.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Called Intuit support and they couldn't figure it out either.  Ended up just installing on my older, slower PC and it worked.  Intuit said some of the new PCs with upgrades versions of Windows are not compatible with TurboTax.  I'm not sure I buy it, but i do see others with the exact same problem I was having...

After 3 tries and much waiting on the phone, I finally got a customer service representative, WHO KNEW WHAT SHE WAS DOING. I was able to purchase the State e-file on the phone and move to completion.

Mijosmimi

How do you sign in as a guest? 

POS error caused me to miss the tax deadline.
PHUCK YOU TURBOTAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please relay my present status for filing both Federal and State returns. I have purchased state e-file from y’all.

Returning Member

Why am I not able to e-file by paying for state (Oregon) taxes

Returning Member

Why can't I purchase and file my state taxes at same time as I do Federal?

Returning Member

HOW CAN I FILE MY TAXES BECAUSE IT APPARENTLY DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO PURCHAST FILING FEE FOR STATE TAXES????????????????????????

TPrid

On a fresh reboot (cookies and cache cleared) go to TT and when prompted to enter your information at checkout using Intuit Account or create account, select third option check out as guest. I didn't use my e-mail or phone number associated with my Intuit account. Enter the information manually and it stepped right on through. Five hours and two days wasted...hope this helps someone else. Very frustrating.

jrfcpd144
Returning Member

I want to file free state tax return

What are you being charged for?  How much?  In the online version there is a separate fee to prepare a state return whether you efile or print and mail it.  Efiling is free and included.

In the Desktop CD/Download program the state is free to mail but there is a $25 fee to efile (including the first one).  

@jrfcpd144 Information flows from the federal return to the state return.   You cannot prepare or file a "stand alone" state return using TurboTax.   If you are able to use the Free Edition for a very simple federal return then your state return will also be free.   But if you are using a paid version of the online software to prepare your federal return, you also pay a separate fee to prepare the state return.  or, as explained, if you are using the CD/download, there is a fee to e-file any state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies