turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Deluxe 2019 is not downloading states.

When selecting start for either state I have (I have 1 free and one I already purchased) it checks for updates, say it's updated, but then produces the same message:

"Let's Download and Install Your States

Here's how it works...

1. We'll make sure you save your return.

2. We'll start downloading your states, along with any updates. You need to be connected to the Internet.

3. Depending on what you're downloading, we may need to close the program for a second - but we'll automatically restart.

4. We take you right back to where you left off and you're ready to go!"

The only option is to select ok, in which the update is run, then states it's up to date.

I have already tried uninstalling the program, running registry cleaner via Ccleaner, reboot, reinstall. 

I have also tried starting from scratch in entering all information in again, but the same issue occurs. 

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You might have to uninstall, and get a whole new installation file pushed to you.

But, that problem has been cropping up all over with no definite solution yet.  You'll have to work with Customer Support...eventually, if they can't fix it ….maybe they'll push a new installation file to you...make sure they cover your extra state too  (they can put a separate state installation file in a download account for you)   BUT providing those files is their call, not anyone here.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You might have to uninstall, and get a whole new installation file pushed to you.

But, that problem has been cropping up all over with no definite solution yet.  You'll have to work with Customer Support...eventually, if they can't fix it ….maybe they'll push a new installation file to you...make sure they cover your extra state too  (they can put a separate state installation file in a download account for you)   BUT providing those files is their call, not anyone here.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I reached out to support and they were able to help with resolving the issue. States had to be manually downloaded. Thank you for your time and assistance. 

I'm having the same trouble, but when I called support, they didn't provide any help.  She said things are different from prior versions and was sorry she couldn't help.  If anyone has suggestions on how to get it to download, I'd appreciate it.  

Support was able to help me. They had to do something on back end and sent a link to download a state as if it were purchased. This fixed the issue. Keep trying support or escalate if needed to get this fixed.

I have the same problem. The software makes me crazy. 

yvazquez1

HI all,

I am having the same trouble and I have called customer support twice and they can't seem to help me.  It is very frustrating.  Any person, what to tell them to do, or other suggestions to get this resolved?

@yvazquez1   Are you trying to download 2019?  Sorry they don't support 2019 anymore.  They only support and update the last 3 years and they recently stopped 2019 when they released 2023.   

If you have a .tax20yy file and need to open or print it but the program won't open it you can try to convert it to a pdf file at

http://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth.  They are not related to Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies