turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lsfraaza

transmission of Wisconsin return

I am trying to transmit my Wisconsin return and am getting a message that says my program needs an update. Before opening my file, I updated everything.  Is there an update that is being released soon regarding transmitting state returns, specifically Wisconsin?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

The link posted below will guide you on working through the issue that you are having.

What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lsfraaza

I am getting a message that says my tax program needs to be updated before I can transmit my returns. The problem is NOT with transmission. The problem is with updates. I downloaded all updates and I don't know what update this message is referring to. I am now getting the message before transmitting Federal and Wisconsin.

ARE ALL YOUR UPDATES AVAILABLE? IS IT POSSIBLE MY TURBO TAX PROGRAM IS DEFECTIVE? FYI, I AM A CPA AND HAVE BEEN USING YOUR PROGRAMS FOR 10+ YEARS.

THANK YOU.

There are a couple forms that are not "supposed" to be ready until tomorrow   (and could be 1159 PM the 11th too)....also I can't guarantee the list is up-to-date. There were so many last-minute changes being implemented in the Federal section...we users have no idea how they may affect each state software set:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Trying to transmit Wisconsin Subchapter S tax returns.  Program says it needs an update.  Yet there are no updates to install.  Federal tax returns transmit smoothly.  But unable to transmit Wisconsin returns.  Wisconsin does not allow for filing by paper, must be e-filed.   The need for an program update is an endless loop.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies