turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sam872021
Returning Member

State tax prayer numbers are correct but Turbo Tax says it is wrong. Now how do I correct it to Efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

State tax prayer numbers are correct but Turbo Tax says it is wrong. Now how do I correct it to Efile?

Try leaving the number space entirely blank at first.  If there is any issue with Box 15 that prevents e-filing your return with a blank Box 15, and it absolutely requires some value in the software, then either try using the payer's Federal EIN again here, or enter a "nonsense" value such as 12345 67890 (with a space in the middle, or not).

The State ID is a bureaucratic convention for your state; the state can and will still be able to easily and uniquely identify your employer by their federal EIN, even if they have to cross-reference the Federal / State ID numbers in their database.  In other words, this single issue should not affect the processing of your tax return, as long as you can satisfy the software with some acceptable input (or none at all).

@Sam872021 

If this is for Utah......try using lower case "wth"......and no spaces and no hyphens 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies