turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CMEast

State Forms

I have been using Turbo Tax since 1998 to do our taxes. The purchase ALWAYS included one state in the purchase price. Imagine my surprise and dismay to discover it is $39.99 to get the state forms for 2019!

Shame on you, Intuit! You are getting as bad as the IRS and the big tax companies.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

State Forms

1) If you are using the "Online" software  (Deluxe or higher), it never includes a free state.

2) If you are using the Desktop software, and buying Deluxe...you have to be particularly careful which Deluxe you buy.....because some Deluxe's (the cheapest ones) do not contain a free state, and are primarily meant for people in the few states that do not have an income tax.  Premier and H&B always have a free state...and IF you buy directly form TTX, then Deluxe does too.  Bur Deluxe, form Amazon, BBuy, Staples, COSTCO etc can have both sub-versions of Deluxe.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

State Forms

My DELUXE CD purchased in Costco says it includes a free copy of the state tax but when you get to the point in the program to add the FREE copy it wants to charge $39.99 before you can go any further.

State Forms

The only time I can see that might happen is if either:

1) you bought desktop, but are somehow using the online browser-based software instead.  (they are not the same thing. You may know that, but not all users recognize the difference))

or

2)  The wrong disk got into your package.

Probably #2...and you need to call Customer Support and get them to stick a state installation file in a download account for you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
DORKYDAN

State Forms

Man ... I hope that is not TRUE!!  I always before have bought the DISC version through Amazon.  This year I bought a Costco Discount version, and it does say "One State Included".

I will REPOST to this question, once I've finished my own taxes for 2019.  Right now I am EXPECTING it to ALLOW one State Return ... and it MAY include Electronic Filing for one State Return.  Maybe not.  If that's the case, I'll just PRINT it and MAIL it.  

My concern now is will it even ALLOW two or more returns to be completed ... printed ... and mailed manually (??).

DORKYDAN

State Forms

I seem to remember this same thing for Tax Year 2018 as well.  To me that seems a GLITCH in the program.

I was informed by TurboTax to IGNORE it, and go ahead and file it ... and there would be no charge.  You

would think by now they would have CORRECTED that !!

State Forms

@DORKYDAN      Electronic filing of the state will be $20 ($25 later, maybe March))....(EXCEPT NY)

The software cost is different from the state Electronic filing fee.  The state electronic $20 filing fee is separate and charged no matter how you end up getting the state software integrated into your main software set.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies