turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ana-1989
Returning Member

Rent cercificate

If I uploaded a picture from my phone of my rent certificate and uploaded it to documents on turbo tax will it go to irs along with my return?? I have to send my certificate in to the irs to get my homestead credit. But will it automatically go in since its uploaded to my documents  in turbo  tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Rent cercificate

No it will not automatically go anywhere from the My Docs,   You are not sending anything about rent to the IRS.  If you are sending any information about your  rent it is going to be on your state return.   You will key in the information---you cannot "upload" a rent certificate to a tax return,

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington DC, and Wisconsin.

https://www.rent.com/blog/states-with-a-renters-tax-credit/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ana-1989
Returning Member

Rent cercificate

I've already filed it said to attach later but I cant figure out how to do it on turbo. I thought if i uploaded to my docs i could attach it to my state return 

Rent cercificate

What state?   Some states such as MN require you to send it in the mail.  You cannot "attach" documents to an e-filed return,

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies