turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My employer state ID on my W2 matches exactly with what I entered but Turbo Tax claims it's wrong. I'm in Utah, it has 14 digits, and the right letters. Help!

I entered two W2 forms from my jobs this past year. The first one worked just fine, but the second is having issues. Turbo Tax claims that my employer state ID
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My employer state ID on my W2 matches exactly with what I entered but Turbo Tax claims it's wrong. I'm in Utah, it has 14 digits, and the right letters. Help!

IF there are hyphens in the ID number, do not include them when entering it....no hyphens, and no spaces.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I appreciate the response. I have not been entering it with hyphens or spaces. Exactly 14 digits including the letters which it says it’s supposed to be

Then You should call Customer Support.....they need to see the actual problem in order to have a repair ticket submitted to get it fixed.....this would affect hundreds-of-thousands of Utah W-2 workers, and unless they complain thru official channels.......nothing happens.

THIS is not an official channel...it's a user's forum

______

If you are not using the "Free" version, you can get a phone number here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@chase-m-fischer 

recently....someone somewhere in here said that the final three letters  (WTH ?) will take Ok if you use lower case "wth"

Just make sure you put in the first numbers and the final letters without a hyphen.

PLEASE post back here if this works......I don't really know if it does.....yet

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies