Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts efile not working, 2019return

When I try to efile my Massachusetts state tax return I get the following message: "There is an update available for your version of TurboTax. Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update. To do this, go to the Online menu and select Check for Updates." 

When I check for updates I get "Your software is up to date". I was able to efile my federal return. The Mass. updates that are installed on my computer are release 1/30/2020 and 11/27/2019 (Automated Patch Pushing). 

When will there be a new Mass. update?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SJJS
Level 2

Turbotax Support just told me Mass. schedule INC will not be ready until after 2/15/2020, and I should try after that date.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
SJJS
Level 2

Turbotax Support just told me Mass. schedule INC will not be ready until after 2/15/2020, and I should try after that date.

cghoyt12
Returning Member

It is now past 2/15/2020, still not letting us efile state of Massachusetts returns.

SJJS
Level 2

When I restarted Turbotax (Mac download) on 2/15, it automatically downloaded the updates and I was able to successfully efile the Mass. state return.  

Link to the patch does not work on Firefox.  Had to use Microsoft Edge to get the download.  After downloading the patch guess what..... the patch won't run.  "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be updated may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.  Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."  

My version of TTAX was installed today and the program is showing up to date.   TTAX used to be the best :(  

cghoyt12
Returning Member

Same issue (Windows 10). The patch will not run. 

Still not able to file Massachusetts state return on 2/17/2020

bospgmr

I'm getting this exact same message for my efiling too, both Fed & State (Mass.) ..  Can't efile.  My TurbuTax is up to date but tells me I need to update each time I submit 

kathy5wat

This problem is still happening today 2/18/2020.  I think it might be an update because I transmitted a MA return 2/6/2020 with no problem.

How did everyone get their money back if they wanted to just paper file after paying?  

bospgmr

Clarification;

I WAS able to efile my Fed return on 02/17/2020 but NOT my Mass.  I am not using the Web version. This is with the CD  installed TT App on my Windows 10 LapTop.  Does Intuit respond/reply to these messages? 

Tanyab77

I am having this same issue.  I was able to file Fed and Rhode Island without but Ma says update required but when I confirm updates it says all updates have been processed.  I have already paid to E-File two MA returns and disgruntly downloaded a $39.00 RI state tax version to pay a small balance thinking this was the issue initially.  I've used Turbotax for ten years and have never had an issue but this year's experience is really testing my patience.  Is there an actual phone number to talk to a human? 

@Tanyab77 wrote:

I am having this same issue.  I was able to file Fed and Rhode Island without but Ma says update required but when I confirm updates it says all updates have been processed.  I have already paid to E-File two MA returns and disgruntly downloaded a $39.00 RI state tax version to pay a small balance thinking this was the issue initially.  I've used Turbotax for ten years and have never had an issue but this year's experience is really testing my patience.  Is there an actual phone number to talk to a human? 

See if this FAQ is helpful any:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

Here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

The Massachusetts forms are still not available. When will they be available?

@Dennis15 wrote:

The Massachusetts forms are still not available. When will they be available?

You didn't say what you are encountering.  I assume you have run your program updater but still encountering some kind of problem.  If you're having the same issue that the threadowner describes when he started this thread, then see this FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

Otherwise, if you don't get any suggestions in this thread, you can either start a new thread with more visibility that will show up to the whole forum, or here's how you can phone TurboTax Support for assistance.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may allow  a call back:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

aemaker

I use a PC/Windows 10.  I had the same problem with the e-file "loop" for MA.  Talked to very helpful TurboTax tech support woman who directed me to the following link:  

You may need to download the special Massachusetts patch directly onto your computer.  You have to close out everything (including TurboTax) except your browser window prior to the download.  Run the patch then re-open TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies