turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in Oregon, but I work in Washington. The company is 100% owned and operated in Washington. Should i be paying Oregon State taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I live in Oregon, but I work in Washington. The company is 100% owned and operated in Washington. Should i be paying Oregon State taxes?

You report all of your income on an Oregon state tax return, regardless of the source of the income when you are an Oregon resident.

If your WA employer is not withholding OR state income taxes you need to be paying OR estimated taxes during the year so you will not be hit with penalties for failing to pay state taxes.

Since you're a resident of OR, you will pay OR state tax on the income you earn, regardless of where its earned.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hmontoya

How would I know if my WA employer is withholding OR state income taxes and also how would I go about paying estimated OR taxes? 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Look in boxes 15-17 of your W2 to see if Oregon Taxes were withheld. To make estimated tax payments, there is section in your oregon state return that mentions A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.  Go to other forms>estimated taxes for next year. Here is what this section looks like.

@Hmontoya 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TomD8
Level 15

If you prefer, you can make your Oregon estimated tax payments online here:

https://revenueonline.dor.oregon.gov/tap/_/

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies