Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blichte1

I live abroad. How do I manually edit the 1099Div form to indicate that the address that was taken from my brokerage is in Germany?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I live abroad. How do I manually edit the 1099Div form to indicate that the address that was taken from my brokerage is in Germany?

When you enter dividends you do not enter in any address ... why are you trying to enter something that is not required ? 

blichte1

I am not. It automatically fills the address line from the document pulled from my brokerage firm. 

blichte1

The solution was to manually enter the data needed. It would be nice if the application allowed selective editing of forms when issues were found. There was an easier way: a pull down menu for selecting a foreign country that was greyed out because of a bad UI decision.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies