Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

56 Replies

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Yes I did, filing RI1040, Sched M, Sched Wand Sced E all say available for e-filing

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Support yesterday (2/4) and every workaround they gave me did not work. There is some problem at their end in the efile processing for RI. So, it has been reported as not working. It would be helpful if more of us complained to them, so they actually understand this is a big problem that needs to be escalated to their tech department. It is not a problem on the consumer end - it is their coding. Don't bother with any of their fixes at this point.

I had created a post a few days ago about this same issue.  I tried to e-file federal and RI simultaneously, but was instead greeted with this error message.   Several other members replied to my post reporting the same issue.

TurboTax e-file error.JPG

Some users reported being able to e-file their federal return separately, but trying to e-file their RI returns still results in this error.

I saw this article, which acknowledges that the RI e-filing issue is a TurboTax issue.  It also specifies a forms availability date of February 3, but so far the problem is not resolved.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/why-[product key removed]d-have-a-late-file-start/...

TurboTax folks:  Since this is happening to multiple users, this must be a programming issue, not an end user issue.  When will this issue be resolved?

Also, I might add I was asked to pay $20 before filing and then to find out there was a problem e-filing state taxes is very annoying. If this problem isn't fixed soon and I have to mail taxes, how do I get a refund of the $20?

Everyone is in limbo with no response from Turbo Tax!

Hi Marion...it is very frustrating. I don't have any confidence that the issue has even been reported to the right people. I just try to file every day. But if there is not an update to load, I doubt it will work.

Same issue here.   So frustrating.

I too spent 2 hours on the phone with a very nice rep HOWEVER nothing we tried worked!!

I also am receiving the message about not being able to process etc etc for my RI Taxes.

I thought it was something I had done or not done but obviously it is on TTax end. And to add insult to injury, they charged me the $20 efiling fee!!??

Does anyone know if Intuit monitors these posts identifying problems?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We would like to take a deeper look at this. However, we need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the directions below:

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. lease provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in the black bar across the top of TurboTax and select “Send Tax File to Agent
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created.  Click on OK and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  4. Please provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.  

@cwpass127

@pfdno1

@RobtG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is RobtG.   The token is 914192.   Thanks for your help.

Rob

marion431, the token number is 914432, thanks

Token 914086 for pfdno1 

User ID kirok63.  My token number is 914637.  Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies