Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Same issue, Fed filed, RI will not transmit, same error message as above. Token 914926

I have submitted Federal Tax return and it has been accepted. Today tried to submit RI state return but got a message that Turbo Tax not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return. I did check to see if the forms I was submitting were being accepted

Anything to report on effort to correct this problem?

Token number 916630

I am filing in RI and have the same glitch.  Please confirm you received this.

My federal went through.  I was on the phone last night for almost an hour with a customer service agent. I am so glad I found this forum. He told me that I was going to have to mail everything in. Based on what I read, I saw someone just efiled their Federal successfully, and I did as well.  That must mean the glitch is related to the RI return software.

@MichelleLO 

Token number 916630

I am filing in RI and have the same glitch.  Please confirm you received this.

My federal went through.  I was on the phone last night for almost an hour with a customer service agent. I am so glad I found this forum. He told me that I was going to have to mail everything in. Based on what I read, I saw someone just efiled their Federal successfully, and I did as well.  That must mean the glitch is related to the RI return software.

peconnol
Returning Member

I am having the same problem for several days including this morning.  Federal and RI returns being submitted together and I am getting the message: "Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available - TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return."

You can submit the Federal return by itself and it "should" work (that's what I did) but RI e-file is still broken.  I'd really like to get a status on this.   I'd feel a bit more understanding if TurboTax hadn't already taken my $20.

Same issue as the others.  Fed accepted, RI ERROR.  Turbotax Desktop (downloaded).   

Sent Diagnostic FIle Token #917294

PS Your Phone Support Computer is HORRIBLE

Thanks

Just got off the phone with a very knowledgeable Support Agent.  He only asked 2 questions:  Have I been a resident for more than 4 years and Do I owe taxes.

If you OWE RI Tax (as I do), that form 2210 isn't ready yet.

Estimated Payment of Taxes Form 2210 is SUPPOSED to be ready on Feb 17th.

I don't know why I was in such a hurry to pay my taxes, but I like to get this stuff out of the way.

I will wait until Feb 17th to try again.

Sorry for my previous comment and frustration with the Turbotax computer system.  When I pronounce my name "Anthony" and it comes up with some convoluted mixture of letters, as CAZYESTX, it tends to be annoying.  

Thanks for that feedback about your situation.   I've lived in RI all my life (70 years!) and the state owes me money.    Anyone else in that situation?

Rob

I'm wondering if RI e-filing might be delayed till all the forms are ready! I say this because the forms I am filing were already done and available according to RI website link.

I have lived in RI for more than 50 years and have used Turbo Tax for probably 10 of those years with never a problem like this before.

I hope the agent we all sent our files to has an answer soon, would like to put this tax season to bed!

They owe me a refund so that's not the issue. Others have efiled RI using different software. This is a turbotax issue. Been using them over 10 years, I wish someone from Turbotax would update us that they are at least working on it with an ETA for a fix!! 

So much for knowledgeable CSR's.

I just EFiled my RI State Return a moment ago.  Didn't have to wait for Other forms.  When I checked the referenced form, it was for Estimated Tax underpayment, which didn't apply.  Didn't have to wait until Feb 17th.

I'm guessing that they've fixed whatever the problem was on their end.

I'll bet that others will be able to file now as well.

Thanks for the information.  It seems to be working now! 🙂

Saw the posts on successful RI e-filing and was able to file OK just now. Yay!

Confirming that I was just able to complete the federal and Rhode Island e-filings.

Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies