Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Arizona form 140ES print issue

OK, I'm ready to file.  I accessed and filled out the AZ-140ES worksheet correctly, but when I get ready to print my returns, the ES forms don't show up in the list of forms.  The Federal 1040ES forms show up in the print que just fine, I'm only having issues with Arizona.  Are they final yet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Paul

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

OK, I found it.  There is a little box on the 140 ES worksheet that asked if I didn't want to print the forms filled out.  THAT BOX WAS CHECKED!  I unchecked it and the forms appear as they should have in the first place.  I'm not sure why Intuit put the box there, but this issue is fixed now.  Just so you know.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are you talking about the AZ-140ES for 2022? They are available in TurboTax (see the state forms availability page here).

I suppose it's possible that TurboTax didn't think that you needed them, based on your 2021 entries.

In any case, the 140ES forms for 2022 are not filed with your 2021 return. So you might take another whack at it to see if you can find those forms in Print Center, but in any case, you can go ahead and e-file Arizona right now because they are not part of the e-filed return for 2021. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went into Turbo Tax and updated the program.  I then went to the Arizona Estimated Tax worksheet and filled it out.  But when I try to look up the form AZ-140ES form, they weren't prepared.  My Federal 1040 ES tax forms were prepared.  If the AZ-140ES forms are available but not supported, how can I talk my TT program into preparing them?  This doesn't make any sense to me.

So then why does TurboTax make such unwarranted assumptions that it thinks that I don't need to make estimated tax payments?  If I fill out the 140 ES worksheet, why doesn't TT fill out the forms?  And FYI, I do know that tax returns and estimated payments are filed separately.  I've been filing my own taxes for 65 years and I am fairly familiar with the tax code.  But don't worry your little head over it.  I'll just download the form from ADOR and fill it out myself.

OK, I found it.  There is a little box on the 140 ES worksheet that asked if I didn't want to print the forms filled out.  THAT BOX WAS CHECKED!  I unchecked it and the forms appear as they should have in the first place.  I'm not sure why Intuit put the box there, but this issue is fixed now.  Just so you know.

One of my daughters asked me for help.  I went through the same routine for printing out the 140-ES as before but they just don't print.  I did find a solution.  I went to the ADOR website and downloaded a fillable pdf form and filled it out manually.  This doesn't speak well for Intuit.  Anyway my taxes are done and filed.  Working with Intuit this year has proved to be a frustrating experience.  I hope you can do a better job in writing your software next year.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you went through the process, did you ensure that the box on the form was not checked that advised you did not want to print it? @FoxyGrandpa 

Yes I did.  The confusing part to me is that the fed 1040 ES forms are automatically printed where the state 140 ES forms are not.  When I "unchecked" the box, TT printed the AZ 140 ES worksheet, but not the forms that I need to send in with the estimated tax payment to ADOR.  When I lived in California, the 540 ES forms were automatically printed when the 1040 ES forms were. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are trying to print off your estimated payment vouchers, we have a great FAQ article here to help take care of that. 

Please let us know if we can further assist you. @FoxyGrandpa 

Thanks for your help CarrissaM.  Your FAQ does and excellent job of helping me print out my 1040-es forms.  I have been doing that for as long as you have sold your program.  Unfortunately, your answer doesn't address my question.  While I lived in California, I always printed out the 1040-ES and 540-ES forms automatically.  I think the program correctly assumed that if I don't get a w-2 and have taxes withheld, then I needed to file estimates.  Now I live in Arizona, but the need for estimates still exists.  Your FAQ does not address printing out Arizona 140-ES forms.

Fortunately, ADOR does provide a fill out .pdf 140-ES so I was able to do that.  Maybe you can revisit your comment and tell me how to set the proper flag in Turbo Tax so that my Arizona 140-ES forms will automatically print.  There should be a flag in Turbo Tax that can be carried forward with the data from the previous year.  That would be pretty simple.  Another workaround would be:

{if w-2 <=0}

Ask if you want 1040-ES printed.

Ask if you want State-ES printed.

It won't take too many lines of code to plop that it.

Thanks again for your able assistance

Paul Veltman

Sorry BillM223 but when I clicked on the link that you sent me for "state forms availability page here,"  I got an error message that the page is not available.  Do you want to try it again?  I see that someone marked this thread as "solved" while it clearly hasn't been solved.

Thanks for your help.

Paul Veltman

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for an updated link to the Forms Availability Tool. 

@FoxyGrandpa 

OK, so what you directed me to is a forms availability list.  It doesn't print out the forms for me.  The one reason I purchased Turbo Tax is that it fills out all the forms and editing is easy.  For the life of me, I don't understand why this is so difficult for you.  All I want is to be able to print out the 140 ES forms like the 1040 ES forms that are automatically calculated and filled out for me in the Federal section of your program.  That's all I want!  Simple, no?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with printing your forms.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@FoxyGrandpa 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies