Shortypie55

NJ State Refund Still Waiting To Get for 2020

I filed in January of 2021. I received my Federal return but not my State. A few months ago it said “Started” on here and now it doesn’t. I can’t get an updated status anywhere and when I log in it doesn’t say anything. Anyone else having the same issue? I also checked on the NJ Tax website and nothing. It’s December so I find it odd. 

If it doesn't say Accepted for state then it was not filed.   You need to print and mail it now.

This year the IRS is taking a long time to send refunds.  So everyone got their state refund first.  So if you didn't get state then it wasn't filed or it rejected.

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

fanfare

If the NJ website status of your refund shows nothing after many months (eleven),

you did not file a tax return.

Shortypie55

Thanks I’m mailing a signed copy today. I’ve done my taxes for years on here and never had an issue. I even had confirmation that both were filed in Jan, a few months ago online it said started and now it’s no where? I don’t get it. I hope I’ll be ok. I can’t reach anyone on the phone. 

Shortypie55

It also says “Do Not File - Form Not Final” on my return copy???

@Shortypie55 wrote:

The 2021 tax forms and schedules have not been finalized for e-filing.  The 2021 New Jersey resident tax return is estimated to be available for e-filing on 01/06/2022.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for New Jersey forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nj_online_individual.html

fanfare

"It also says “Do Not File - Form Not Final” on my return copy???"

Not a good sign ...

@Shortypie55 

If it still has the watermark on it then you need to download the 2020 program to get an updated return to mail in. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a 2020 tax return originally started using the TurboTax online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...