turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KLEC
Level 1

Issue with NJ tax return

@rjs any update on this matter?

Issue with NJ tax return

So it’s finally up and ready to complete. Sucks that even if you have a exemption number they charge you the penalty upfront. I’m hoping the state reviews the number and puts my money back. But atleast I was finally able to file

Issue with NJ tax return

Now when I go to complete this it simply says it’s been reviewed as is ready for filing. Why is it skipping the worksheet L altogether? Now I’m scared to file!!! This is utterly ridiculous!!!!!! 

Issue with NJ tax return

Wait not only is it not letting me fill this out but it’s charging me automatically for all the family members  in my house that did have health insurance!!! Come the hell on!!! Now you’re taking to much! Where the hell is the form to fill out. I waited like you said and now it’s incorrect!!! I’m going to H&R this weekend. This is so ridiculous.   

JosephF8
Expert Alumni

Issue with NJ tax return

To Edit this in TurboTax:

• Open the return
  • Select State Taxes if multiple states choose NJ
  • Select Go over New Jersey again
  • At About Your Health Insurance select the answer that applies
  • It will ask about dependent's income
  • On the Did Anyone In Your Shared Responsibility Family Have Coverage For Some of 2019 answer for your situation

Follow the prompts to enter coverage and Exemption months for everyone in your family.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Issue with NJ tax return

• From the left menu>State
  • Click Edit by New Jersey>Continue>
  • At You've Finished Your New Jersey Return clicking Go over New Jersey again will go through everything.
  • To jump to the Health Care Credit, scroll down to Your New Jersey Bottom Line and click Update and follow the prompts. The Health Care detail is in this section

Click the following link for the New Jersey Worksheet L instructions.

[Edited 2/7/2020 7:33 AM PST]

Issue with NJ tax return

This error and request for worksheet is because you selected that someone did not have health insurance for the entire year. 

molpa3
Returning Member

Issue with NJ tax return

Spoke to Turbotax customer service several times and every time received different answer.

One response that by  2/10 I will be able to print my return. Last response was that Turbo Tax not sure when NJ return will be available to file and suggest to check every day if forms are available.  So which response is correct ?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Issue with NJ tax return

You are commenting on an old thread that may have outdated information. If there are forms in your state return that are not available yet, then TurboTax will not let you e-file. 

It does appear that some New Jersey state tax forms are available but several are still pending. You can check the status of the specific forms needed for your New Jersey return in the link below.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

@molpa3

molpa3
Returning Member

Issue with NJ tax return

List of the available forms maybe accurate, but I am not able to print regular simple NJ state return. And  Turbo Tax customer service advising that I will be not able to print out return for manual filing. So this is present issue not past

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Issue with NJ tax return

Believe it or not some forms are approved for electronic filing and not for paper filing.  Weird as it sounds.  Once they are approved for paper filing you will be able to print it.  If you go to view my return the forms that are not approved yet will have a big water mark on them that says "Not Approved for FIling" or something like that.

Perkman

Issue with NJ tax return

Well, get on it!

molpa3
Returning Member

Issue with NJ tax return

WHEN????  Y

Do your customer service also has this info?

Joepino40

Issue with NJ tax return

nj state return was accepted but dont have return on file for printing need it for my record

Issue with NJ tax return

If you were using a potential refund to pay Turbo Tax, you won't be able to print the return until you receive your refund.

If that is not the case,  go to 

1. My TurboTax (click on My Tax Timeline in the drop down menu)
  2. Scroll down to "Prior Year Return"
  3. click on Load My Tax Timeline.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies