turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Illinois State review error (Return with a valuation limitation amount on schedule m are ineligible to e file)

Hi , I am getting this error after IL state review , any ideas how to fix this,

(Return with a valuation limitation amount on schedule m are ineligible to e file)

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Illinois State review error (Return with a valuation limitation amount on schedule m are ineligible to e file)

I called turbo tax, Nicholas with turbo tax did his best to solve it, I would like to thank him for his effort, unfortunately the only solution was to print it and mail the Illinois tax return,

I did what what I was planning to do earlier , I deleted the IL return, downloaded it again and completed it, there was error which opened a form to verify if I had purchased anything outside the state of IL without paying taxes on it,  I entered 0 , and completed the review with out any further errors ,  the return was e filed, hoping it will get accepted.

I still love you Turbo tax and I love you more than I love my CPA !

View solution in original post

4 Replies

is there a schedule F in your Illinois return? the excludable amount carries to schedule M line 23.

If gain subject to the valuation limitation was reported on any of
the following forms or schedules, you must attach copies of them
to your Schedule F: federal Form 1040 or 1040-SR, Schedule D;
federal Form 4797; federal Form 6252; federal Form 8949; Illinois
Schedule K-1-P, Partner’s or Shareholder’s Share of Income,
Deductions, Credits, and Recapture; and Illinois Schedule K-1-T,
Beneficiary’s Share of Income and Deductions.
For installment sales, see instructions on the back of
Schedule F.

these additional forms can not be e-filed so you'll have to mail in your Illinois return with schedule F and all other required federal forms.

I called turbo tax, Nicholas with turbo tax did his best to solve it, I would like to thank him for his effort, unfortunately the only solution was to print it and mail the Illinois tax return,

I did what what I was planning to do earlier , I deleted the IL return, downloaded it again and completed it, there was error which opened a form to verify if I had purchased anything outside the state of IL without paying taxes on it,  I entered 0 , and completed the review with out any further errors ,  the return was e filed, hoping it will get accepted.

I still love you Turbo tax and I love you more than I love my CPA !

Thank you  Mike9421

marczem
Returning Member

I'm receiving the same error.  I do have a Schedule K-1 however.  I was able to efile last year and previous years with Schedule K-1.  Did something change this year?  Thanks.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies