Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ineligible to efile Illinois return because of a valuation limitation amount on Schedule M

I can't efile my IL return as it shown "ineligible to efile Illinois return because of a valuation limitation amount on Schedule M".   And I checked with IL Tax Department that the valuation limitation only applies to line 23 of Schedule M.   Since I only have entry on line 22 on Schedule M and nothing on line 23,  is it due programming glitches?  Can anyone help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

ineligible to efile Illinois return because of a valuation limitation amount on Schedule M

Go ahead and delete your Illinois return, re-input your information, and try e-filing again.

To do this in TurboTax Online: 

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the  Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! Screen (or the Your 2023 tax return screen), select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select StartContinue, or Review/Edit
  3. On the  Status of your state returns screen, select the trashcan to the right of Illinois
  4. Verify the deletion in the popup
  5. On the  Status of your state returns screen, select + Add another State, and select Illinois
  6. Proceed through the state screens again

It works.  Thanks a lot!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies