Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get rid of Max benefits after purchasing it (inadvertently)? It keeps asking for state and ZIP code - I live in the UK so I don't have those in my address.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get rid of Max benefits after purchasing it (inadvertently)? It keeps asking for state and ZIP code - I live in the UK so I don't have those in my address.

If you changed your mind about MAX, you can remove it as long as you haven't already paid for it.

When you're in your return:

1. Select File in the left-hand menu.
  2. Continue until you get to Step 1, Review your order, then select Start.
  3. When you get to your order summary, select Remove under Max Benefits.
  4. On the following screen, select Remove MAX.

Can I get a refund for MAX once I've paid the fee?

Before checking out, you'll have the chance to re-confirm that MAX is right for you. We don't offer discounts or refunds for unused features or if you've already paid the fee.

What's great about MAX is that it covers you well beyond the day you file. If anything happens, you've got experts ready and waiting to help you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/can-i-remove-max/00/26691

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you changed your mind about MAX, you can remove it as long as you haven't already paid for it.

When you're in your return:

1. Select File in the left-hand menu.
  2. Continue until you get to Step 1, Review your order, then select Start.
  3. When you get to your order summary, select Remove under Max Benefits.
  4. On the following screen, select Remove MAX.

Can I get a refund for MAX once I've paid the fee?

Before checking out, you'll have the chance to re-confirm that MAX is right for you. We don't offer discounts or refunds for unused features or if you've already paid the fee.

What's great about MAX is that it covers you well beyond the day you file. If anything happens, you've got experts ready and waiting to help you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/can-i-remove-max/00/26691

I already paid for Max unfortunately and will try to get a refund at some later date, but more importantly for me right now is to disable Max so I can actually progress in Step 3 'Get ready to file your returns' of the 'File' section. Right now, when I click the button to file my taxes (I've already completed step 1 and 2) It leads me to a page saying that I first need to add information on the state I live in and the ZIP code in the 'My info' section. These items are not needed for me since I live in the UK. I also never received an email with a link from IDNotify. I can't progress in filing my taxes which is quite frustrating. Please advise, thank you.

This can be resolved by temporarily changing your information under Personal Info, then changing it back before filing your return. 

1. Click on the Personal Info tab at the top
  2. Make the necessary changes to your personal Information ... enter in the US address that matches the CC you used to pay for the program
  3. Click the File tab at the top and click Start next to Step 1
  4. Continue to pay for TurboTax Online
  5. Continue through the interview until, in Step 3, you've signed the consent form for MAX Assist & Defend
  6. Return to Personal Info and set your mailing address back to the correct address, as described in steps 1-3, before transmitting your return

That worked @Critter-3 !! Thanks a bunch!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies