turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delete an Arizona Return and start over

Does anyone know if you/we can delete a state return (Arizona - not yet filed) that is nearly complete, but has software errors?

Something is amiss - want to delete and start over hoping the software corrects itself. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

If you have not filed yet you can delete it then add it in again later.  How to delete the state in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

To clear or delete state in the Desktop program

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1983435-how-do-i-clear-my-state-return-in-the-turbotax-for-windows...

Yes - not yet filed. 

It appears there is a bug that is causing problems (download version). 

If I follow the directions in your link, will I be able to start again with the already completed (but not yet filed) Federal information?

Additional clarification:

Federal is done (not yet filed)

Just need to delete state and start over because of an erroneous amount that Turbo Tax is including as Subtractions from Income (when there are none).   I still need to complete and file a state return.  If, after deleting, will the federal feed again to the state and I can start again?

Followed the link and instructions - this message popped up:

"Once removed, 2021 Arizona Individual Income Tax Return can not be recovered. 

Are you sure you want to proceed?"

Yikes!

I just want to clear the data, restart (Federal feed into a new state return) and complete.  What does this mean - can not be recovered?

Help!

Yes you can add it in again.  You can start state over.  You just lose the current state info.   Go to the state tab again.  

Perfect. 

I sent a DM to further clarify.   I am baffled as to why TT is including a "subtraction" amount from no where.

As I noted in my DM, I can override or I can delete (as you have explained) and start over.  

Just perplexed as to how and why TT came up with a significant "subtraction" amount (53.8%) from no where. 

Found another option:

Could not override the state 140 form; however, I can override the supporting form, "Subtractions to Income". 

Turbo Tax allows for overriding on the support schedule. 

Once I did that, the correct number ($0), flowed to Arizona form 140 and the correct Arizona adjusted gross income was calculated.

Thank you for your assistance!

I remain baffled with Turbo Tax and why the software was coming with an arbituary, even ($85,000) number.......??

Did you check to see exactly which line the $85k showed up at on page 6 of the Form 140....

....i.e.  which line & subject listed for that/those lines?   

Or...was $85k just on line "T" with nothing listed in any of lines A-thru-S above that? 

It's the total $$$ (line "T") from all the sources on page 6 that transfers to line 36 of the main form 1040

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies