How do I clear my state return in the TurboTax for Windows Desktop software?
In the TurboTax CD/Download you can clear (delete) the info in your state return:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Switch to Forms Mode by clicking the Forms icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- From the File menu, choose Remove State Return.
- Tip: Despite the name, this command doesn't remove the state program, just the info in your state return.
- Select the state return you want to delete, and then click Remove. Click Yes to confirm.
To start your state return from the beginning, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, and then click the State Taxes tab.