Sam3410

CA Form 3840 for California Like Kind Exchange

I am using Turbo Tax Premier 2019 desktop version.

I have exchanged one property in CA to 2  property outside CA.

When I enter in  form 3840, Part1 the description of one of property given up, Turbo Tax  automatically populates in  Sch A/ Part1 (Property Given up) section to ask two property information ( A and B). I filled up A as I had only one property in CA given up. While doing the error check, it gives error message that box B ( Sch A, Part 1) must be filled. I am not sure if I have sold only one property, why Turbo tax is forcing me to fill information about two property given up.

I tried both way to automatically populate and manually enter 3840  sch A section and in both cases I get same error.

tagteam
kmbayarea

I am having the same issue filling out the annual California form 3840 for year 2020. I sold one rental property in California and purchased 5 real properties in other states in 2019. I am getting an error message when I list the the sold rental property (100%) in part 1 of the form 3840 and the form will not let me enter the multiple replacement properties with allocated % individual tax basis.