Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3554 New Employee Credit form

I don't need to fill out 3554 form and its asking me too. I started to fill it out thinking they were asking for my employer information and when I read a little more into its meant to be filled it if you have a business with employees. I don't have a business how can I get rid of this so I can continue with my e-file? Please Help
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can delete the form by doing the following:

• Log into your account, and then click on My Account on the top of the screen
  • Then click on Tools and select Delete a Form
  • Scroll through the list of forms. When you find Form 3554, click Delete next to it
  • It will confirm that you want to delete the form, hit yes (or continue)
  • The form will be deleted

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You can delete the form by doing the following:

• Log into your account, and then click on My Account on the top of the screen
  • Then click on Tools and select Delete a Form
  • Scroll through the list of forms. When you find Form 3554, click Delete next to it
  • It will confirm that you want to delete the form, hit yes (or continue)
  • The form will be deleted

This worked for me too. I tried deleting my state return and could not. This saved me!
amhoyt87

When I click on 'my account' the only options are change user ID, email or password, view order summary, or file an extension.  What do I do to delete this form?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If you want to delete an individual form, please follow these instructions:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

amhoyt87

The form I am looking for is not listed in that section even though it keeps saying that I have an error when I got to review my taxes. 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Which form specifically are you trying to delete?  @amhoyt87

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
amhoyt87

Form 3554. It doesn't even show up as New Employment Credit, which is I think that form number corresponds to.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately there is no easy way to delete CA Form 3554.  You need to delete the CA return and reopen it.  [Most of the return will populate from your federal return.]

To remove a state from your return in TurboTax please follow these steps:

CD/Download [Desktop version]

1. When you are in the federal return, click on File (in the black bar at the top of the screen) > Remove State Return. 
  2. A list of state returns currently in the return will appear.  Click on the one you want to delete to highlight it and click Remove. 

TurboTax Online

You can delete your TurboTax Online state return as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version):

1. Sign in to your return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click State Taxes near the top of your screen and proceed to the Status of Your State Returns screen.
  3. On that screen, click the Delete link right next to the Edit button, and then answer Yes.  

If you don't see the Edit or Delete button on the Status of Your State Returns screen and haven't paid or registered, please do the following:

@amhoyt87

There is a forms icon just below the top right of the Turbo Tax screen. If you're in the California state part of the program, you click on the forms icon and select form 3554 from there. Then select the option to delete it.

I'm no expert, but I didn't have to delete my CA return to get rid of form 3554. The fact that the form is spontaneously popping up during the checking process makes me suspect that this is a bug.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies