turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I report a bug? Turbotax makes it very hard for a user to do so.

Turbotax 2020, standard version: On Québec Solidarity Tax Credit calculation: the software does not accept  input for cadastral designation. It keeps displaying the error message:
"You enter information as you are Owner, both information must be filled: Roll number or cadastral designation and Number of owners living in your dwelling"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to see you having this issue. The most common reason for this error being generated, are the dashes and spaces in the numbers. Please completely delete all numbers, dashes, and spaces and retry inputting your numbers.

The second possible reason for this error coming up is possibly having chosen the option as a renter and later including taxes as an owner therefore to correct this, all information is to be deleted and only one option chosen, either one of being a renter or being the owner. Only one option can be chosen.

If these two solutions do not clear this issue, your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Please redirect my question to the correct recipient: The canada 2020 turbo tax

You are posting on the USA forum, not the Canadian one.

Sorry to see you having this issue. The most common reason for this error being generated, are the dashes and spaces in the numbers. Please completely delete all numbers, dashes, and spaces and retry inputting your numbers.

The second possible reason for this error coming up is possibly having chosen the option as a renter and later including taxes as an owner therefore to correct this, all information is to be deleted and only one option chosen, either one of being a renter or being the owner. Only one option can be chosen.

If these two solutions do not clear this issue, your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Thank you. I realized that.

Thank you for your support.

I tried what you suggested without success. I will try with the telephone support.

Hi, 

Just want to do a follow-up on this.

I filled the contact form and called the support number. We identified the problem and the issue was reported to the development team. Three days later, an update was  available and the problem is now fixed.

So thank you very much for the service, especially for the effort to forward the message to the correct recipient.

How do any of these replies answer the question?  "Where can I report a bug?"

mrmsberry

I kept getting error that my 1099-NEC's were not linked to the Schedule C. I printed out and it was. Program won't let me e-file.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Income reported on Form 1099-NEC must be included on Schedule C. If you entered the 1099-NEC but did not complete the Schedule C, you will get this error. 

  

Revisit the section where you entered the Form 1099-NEC if you entered it on its own and delete that entry, by following these steps: 

  

1. Open TurboTax. 

2. On the top right corner of TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner). 

3. Type in “1099-NEC” (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find), 

4. Click on “Jump to 1099-NEC” 

5. Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-NEC” link 

  

This will bring you a summary of all Form 1099-NEC that you have entered.  Click Delete or the trash can icon next to each one. 

  

Next, you will re-enter the Form 1099-NEC as part of the Schedule C so that the income is reported directly as part of your Business Income and Expenses and within the correct form and section of your return. 

  

Follow these steps to go to the Schedule C section of your return: 

  

1. On the top right corner of TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner). 

2. Type in “schedule c” (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find). 

3. Click on “Jump to schedule c”. 

4. Click on the blue “Jump to schedule c” link 

  

If you already have created a Schedule C in your return, click on edit and go to the section to Add Income.  This is where you will re-enter the Form 1099-NEC.  

  

If you do not already have a Schedule C in your return, follow the prompts and enter the information about your work/business for which you received the Form 1099-NEC.  Then continue through that section to Add Income and enter the Form 1099-NEC along with any additional income you received for that business.   

  

Once you have completed this, the error should be eliminated.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
pkarlak66
Returning Member

Can not pay my turbo tax fee online. Get error message for billing information. Tried with your agent for 80 minutes.

submitted by [email address removed]

Please post a new question. This is an old thread that was originally dealing with Canadian tax returns.

adjsunshine
Returning Member

Hello:

After all the update up to August 29,2021.  The Asset entry Form of TurboTax Home and Business 2020 got a bug. The only allowed entry for 5. Type of asset "M - Home Office  N -Home Office Improvement".

Any one see a fix to this?

@adjsunshine wrote:

Hello:

After all the update up to August 29,2021.  The Asset entry Form of TurboTax Home and Business 2020 got a bug. The only allowed entry for 5. Type of asset "M - Home Office  N -Home Office Improvement".

Any one see a fix to this?

This is a known problem which TurboTax support is aware of and will be issuing a fix in an update to the software in the near future.  It may be available in the Thursday update on 09/02/2021.

adjsunshine
Returning Member

Thank you for the update!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies