Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dianec91

We got a 2022 Consolidated form 1099 from Wells Fargo Advisers. We have a loss and need to enter it on Turbo Tax. Where do I find that page on Turbo Tax?

We got a 2022 Consolidated form 1099 from Wells Fargo Advisers. We have a loss and need to enter it on Turbo Tax. Where do I find that page on Turbo Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

A consolidated statement might include a 1099-INT, a 1099-DIV, and a 1099-B. All must be reported.  Go to these sections in the income portion of the program. 

You need to upgrade to the Premier version to enter investments.  You have a consolidated statement. That will have sections for 1099-Int and 1099-Div and 1099B. You need to enter each section in the right place.  So read it carefully and look for headings.... 1099-INT for interest or 1099-DIV for Dividends or 1099B for sales.

You can enter a 1099B manually or try to import it.  If you import it be sure to check it over close and make sure the cost basis got imported and is right.  I import my friends accounts from Wells Fargo.  It works good.

How to import your 1099

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-my-1099/00/26254

Enter a 1099B  under

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)

Wages & Income

Then scroll down to Investment Income,

Then Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other - click Start or Update

If you have a sale for shares that you bought at different times you can put various for the date purchased.  But you should split the sale into 2 sales for short term and long term lots.   So if you bought any shares or reinvested dividends within a year of the sale they would be short term.

You can enter all this information on TT Deluxe.  Just follow the interview questions and you will enter the 1099-INT information for Interest Earned.  The 1099-DIV information for distributions and the 1099-B information for the sale of assets.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies