turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you explain why the program will not keep the selected response? The question asked if this pension was from being a public safety officer and I replied yes.

The question asked if this pension was from being a public safety officer and I replied yes. When going back to check later it's saying I was NOT a public safety officer. Tried several times and it will not keep the correct information. This is important because in KY police pensions are not taxable.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you explain why the program will not keep the selected response? The question asked if this pension was from being a public safety officer and I replied yes.

TurboTax will ask you this question every time you review the data entry.  It's one of many questions in the software that are like this.  Answer it yes and don't go back to check because you'll have to do it again.  I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure there's a reason for it to be done this way.

Thank you for your service.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax will ask you this question every time you review the data entry.  It's one of many questions in the software that are like this.  Answer it yes and don't go back to check because you'll have to do it again.  I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure there's a reason for it to be done this way.

Thank you for your service.

Manage cookies