Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Online won't let me enter SSA-1099

Resolved the issue of not being able to see the templates or enter info on the W-2 screen and the SSA-1099 screen.  Working with tech support at TurboTax the issue was solved by turning off my firewall (McAfee).  Once again, I was using TurboTax Premier (download not on-line).  By turning off the firewall then the templates for both W-2 and SSA-1099 became visible and then I entered the information.  Once the information was entered I was able to turn-on the firewall and everything seemed to continue to work properly.  Hopefully this is helpful for anyone else who has this issue.  Not sure what changed this year in that I have had McAfee for 3 years and have used TurboTax for many more years.  First year I have had an issue with TurboTax software.  Once again, thanks to TurboTax tech services!

AJMoran

The only way around not being able to enter critical information, like social security earnings, I have found, is to go into edit, add supporting documentation, and enter it there.  The amounts then filter to the line item on the tax return.  Hope this helps

Veggies3

I am not able to enter any data related to form SSA-1099.   I need to complete taxes ASAP.   TurboTax Delux is what I purchased 

Are you using the Desktop program?  Some people are having trouble entering into box 5.  See if this helps.

Are you running the TurboTax application as an Administrator?  If not -

Save the tax return.

Close the TurboTax program

Right click on the TurboTax icon on your computer screen

Click on Run as Administrator

Start the TurboTax program and see if the problem persists

One person said......

Did that. Same thing happened. But then... I accidentally double-clicked the box. And it opened up a small windows that let me fix it. Then the same thing happened with the Part B premium box. Double-clicking fixed that.

Please all users RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR by right clicking on the turbotax icon to start program in adminstrator mode, as this post recommends.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies