TurboTax Online won't let me enter SSA-1099

slope72

I am not able to get into the section to enter SSA-1099 Social Security Income. When I click "Edit" to get into Social Security Income and then click "Yes", I just get taken back to the Income start page. I have tried switching browsers, switching computers, clearing cache and cookies, but nothing works. When I try to delete the form it doesn't appear in the list of forms at all. HELP!

Does this happen if you follow this procedure -

To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

slope72

yes, tried that. there is no way into the form.

@slope72 wrote:

Contact TurboTax support for this particular problem.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Humm

I am having the same problem with Turbotax Online 2021.

Irene2805

See if the SSA-1099 appears in your list of forms.  If it does, delete it and reenter the information.

If you want to delete an individual form, please follow these instructions:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

If you are still experiencing difficulty, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.​​​​​​​