I am not able to get into the section to enter SSA-1099 Social Security Income. When I click "Edit" to get into Social Security Income and then click "Yes", I just get taken back to the Income start page. I have tried switching browsers, switching computers, clearing cache and cookies, but nothing works. When I try to delete the form it doesn't appear in the list of forms at all. HELP!
Does this happen if you follow this procedure -
To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button
Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099
yes, tried that. there is no way into the form.
Contact TurboTax support for this particular problem.
See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489
Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
See if the SSA-1099 appears in your list of forms. If it does, delete it and reenter the information.
If you want to delete an individual form, please follow these instructions:
- While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).
- In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).
- Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar.
- In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
- Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
- To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.
If you are still experiencing difficulty, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent. TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used. So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:
- Click on this link: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
- Select your TurboTax platform.
- Ask your question / state your problem. Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
- Click Submit.
- On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions. You will be given the approximate wait time.
You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.